- About Us
- Campaign Tool Kit
- Need Help
- Our Supporters
- Partner Agencies
- Contact Us
Holiday Assistance Program
Make a Difference This Holiday Season
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2012 Holiday Assistance Program!
View our Holiday Assistance Thank you Ad Here...
With the holiday season just around the corner, Fox Valley United Way is once again partnering with local businesses, community groups, families and individuals who want to reach out a helping hand to those who are having difficulties during these tough economic times.
While many of us are telling our children that there won’t be a lot of gifts under the tree this year, many children in our community will not have any. That is, unless we do something to help. The Fox Valley United Way wants to help those needy families who won’t have the means to provide gifts for their children this year.
Here is how you can help!
Sponsor a child or a family - we will provide you with detailed registration information to help with your gift buying decisions. Contact Deborah Collins to get details regarding a child or family in need.
Make a donation to the Holiday Assistance fund, click here...
Run a Holiday Assistance Toy Drive at your school or place of business, learn more...
Purchase grocery gift cards from a local grocery store to help provide a holiday meal for the family.
Run a Scarf, Hat, Mitten Drive. Purchase new scarfs, hats, and mittens (or gloves) for the children so they don not have to worry about being cold this winter.
Below are some gift buying guidelines for the Holiday Assistance Program:
- We have a suggested minimum of $50.00 per child – this way the parents have clear expectations and the children all get around the same amount.
- We will provide a “special interests” area on the registration form which will lists several suggestions of the child’s interests.
- Please do not wrap the gifts.
- We welcome the inclusion of boxes, wrapping paper and tape for all gifts – we encourage the parents to get involved and wrap the presents.
- Please deliver unwrapped gifts to the United Way office no later than Monday, December 10, 2012.
Underneath everything we are, underneath everything we do, we are all people.Connected, Interdependent, United.And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all.That's what it means to LIVE UNITED
Thank you for choosing to LIVE UNITED!
Questions - contact Deborah Collins
Don't forget we have moved:
Fox Valley United Way
44 East Galena Blvd.
Aurora, IL 60505